Sunday, January 31, 2016

Panterasångare apologize – Vasterbotten Courier

Philip Anselmo, former lead singer of the American metal band Pantera, made the Hitler salute and shouted “white power” from the scene. But now he asks for apology.

– I ask a thousand times to apologize to those who took offense at what I said, you ought to take offense at you. I am so sorry and I hope you can give me another chance, he says in a video where he also explains the background to the event:

– We joked backstage and it came with Up on the stage. It was ugly and unnecessary. Those who know me know I do not believe in any of that.

The incident occurred during the charity gala Dimebash in Los Angeles at the end of the week. Anselmo has been severely criticized, including from Robb Flynn, guitarist of the band Machine Head.

Anselmo has on previous occasions been accused of expressing itself racist.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment