On 21 October 2015, a special date for movie lovers.
“Back to the Future 2″ was recorded in 1989 – but happening right now.
To celebrate Martin Rhodén, 32, traveled to the United States and the parking lot where it all started.
– It is a magical film, he says.
” Back to the Future 2 “traveling Marty McFly, played by Michael J. Fox, forward in time to save himself from his miserable life.
The journey from 1985 to today – October 21, 2015.
When Marty arrives to date in the fictional town of Hill Valley he does not believe his eyes.
The cars fly, shoes tie themselves and the Chicago Cubs won World Series Baseball.
– But the movie had very correct in how the future was, says Martin Rhodén 32.
“Going to the parking area”
normally works Martin Cantor of Värmland Saffle. Today, however, he has taken time off.
– I’m in the United States to celebrate this day. We should see the movie in the cinema and hopefully go to the parking lot in the film, he says.
In reality, the parking lot of City of Industry, outside Los Angeles. That’s where Emmett Brown and Marty McFly drives his DeLorean up to 88 miles per hour (142 km / h) to make time travel.
Of course, it is a DeLorean in the garage at home in Saffle.
– When I saw the advertisement, I could not resist.
Plutonium gauge in the glove
Martin has decorated the car to resemble the film’s DeLorean. Among other things, he installed a time machine.
– There are plastic pieces cut out with lasers and which is backlit. I also have a gauge in the glove compartment showing plutonium level.
Have you traveled in time with the car?
– I’ve actually taken up in 88 mph . But it’s not officially.
Does it work?
– It could probably work out to get a parking ticket, but not much else.
Where does your love of “Back to the Future”?
– My brother told me about it in the mid-90s, and then I saw it in a shelf and bought it. It is a magical film, to travel in time, I think everyone dreamed of.
How did “Back to the Future” predict the future? Read this!