Friday, June 19, 2015

David Pagmar recording disc – Göteborgs-Posten

On Saturday sang David Pagmar her song Umbrella in Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist’s wedding. The artist, who previously appeared as alteregona Montt Mardié and Monty, go the week after midsummer in the recording studio again. But this time, it should read David Pagmar on the disc.

Was it nervously to perform at the wedding?

– Well, that was it. There were so many different focus points that nervousness could hang up on. For example, to sing in front of 1.8 million people. I was also asked to look at the couple while I sang, and I feel the not them. So it was a little strange.

What were you thinking?

– partly this that so many looked. I had it in the back of the head. Otherwise, I tried to focus on the text. Carl Philip and Sofia smiled and looked so nice all the time. It probably made everything easier.

Was it that you met the day before for a snack?

– No, it is made up. There is so much crap in the paper. The first time I met them was at the dress rehearsal.

Tell us about the song you sang.

– There is a Swedish cover of Rihanna’s Umbrella , which I recorded for more than five years ago. The idea was that and some other translations I made would be released as an EP. But the album never came out, for the rights to several of the songs could not clear. The spread Fortunately anyway. Once released weddings version of Umbrella as a single.

In this type there are plans for a new album?

– Yes, I go into a studio already next week. Hopefully the autumn. Unlike my previous releases, as Montt Mardié and Monty, will this be published under my own name. Maybe it will be more stripped then, a little less mannerism in music. I am also older people. Has become a father and losing a father. It has happened quite a lot and it will reflect both text and music.

Recently, you published anything was 2010. Why has it been delayed?

– I and a friend began to actually record an English album already in 2011, then as a project we called the Wyld. It was never completed. At the same time, I wondered if I really wanted to work so intensively with the music that I had done until then, with the releases of the year. And then I got a job as a research assistant at the University of Stockholm. But now I’m ready again.

At this writing, David Pagmars Umbrella of 83,000 viewings on YouTube.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment