Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Morrissey has been affected by cancer – Gothenburg Post

Morrissey treated for a malignant disease. The artist explains in an interview in the Spanish newspaper El Mundo, quoted by Britain’s The Guardian, that doctors have “scratched away cancer tissue” four times.

He tells not the type of cancer it is about.

– I die I’ll die. And if I do not die so I do not do it. Right now I feel good. I am aware that I look sick on some new photos, so it will be when you are sick. I’m not going to worry about me, I can rest when I’m dead, Morrissey says in the interview.

Star’s health is has been shaky in recent years with several hospital stays. Last summer he suffered a respiratory infection with fever and had to cancel a concert in Boston to go to the hospital.

The Guardian writes that during the past years has suffered from bleeding ulcers, double pneumonia and food poisoning. El Mundo interview, however, the first time he talks about his cancer diagnosis.

In an earlier interview, Morrissey said that several doctors have urged him not to tour, “but it is difficult not because it has become part of me. “

Morrissey is currently on tour and will play in Madrid on Thursday. Later in the fall he will come to Sweden: Lund on November 8, Gothenburg, 11 November, Stockholm on 13 November.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment